The Nekos World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many different types of people live here. Including nekos.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum

Latest topics
» Pirates Eleven
The Curious Box EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 3:16 am by SuddenHiddenChaos

» Dotai Academy
The Curious Box EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 2:39 am by SuddenHiddenChaos

» motorcycle shop (fukuro)
The Curious Box EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 8:22 pm by Berrysoul

» Looking glass (berry)
The Curious Box EmptySun Dec 24, 2017 5:12 am by Berrysoul

» Virius Busters! (Berry)
The Curious Box EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 2:15 am by Berrysoul

» Man's best friend (Berry)
The Curious Box EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 1:32 pm by Berrysoul

» Your either scum, prey, or enemy.. Whats else is there? (fukuro)
The Curious Box EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 3:42 pm by Berrysoul

» Two more to add (Berry)
The Curious Box EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 2:52 pm by Berrysoul

» New adventures (berry)
The Curious Box EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 1:19 pm by Berrysoul

Top posters
Berrysoul
The Curious Box Vote_lcapThe Curious Box Voting_barThe Curious Box Vote_rcap 
Fukuro
Apolcate
EmoFox
BlueAndBlackRoses
Lelouch Ryou
Edo Nakamura
cinna
SoulEater
CellyNoella

The Curious Box

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Lock
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Mr. Lock

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:42 pm

It was dark, cramped, bumping about and smelled a bit funny, yet all of this mattered very little to the Experimental Artificial Intelligence Program 27 – Seeker Model. It turned on the filaments behind its lenses to view the wooden confines of its crate and moved into a more upright position as soon as the box had stopped shifting about. The smell and lack of space did not even register, mainly due to the lack of a nose and the general ignorance on when one should feel uncomfortable. That had been an hour or two ago and light was streaming in through the numerous small cracks in the walls, roof and floor.

The machine did not have the means to open the box and was content to wait. Wait and ponder on why it had been so forcefully shoved inside and then so rapidly moved to a random location.

This was its first venture outside the facility it had called home for the entirety of its short life, so it wasn’t really that upset and its emotions could be described as something akin to joy, it began scratching these thoughts onto the inside of the box with its fingers, they were also getting scratched by the rough wood but it didnt mind, a book once said defects in body and mind led to the development of 'Character' which had sounded interesting.
Back to top Go down
Duke Agent 17
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Duke Agent 17

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Leo was walking through the town, when she noticed a box. No one else had bothered with it even though it was in the middle of the road. She heard scratching from inside and began to circle it, tail twitching with curiosity. She jumped on top of the box and studied it carefully, and ran back home to get a crow bar.

Last edited by Duke Agent 17 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lock
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Mr. Lock

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:57 pm

There was a thump on the top of the box which distracted 27 from its scribbling, the thump gave way to rapidly disappearing footsteps.
In time the footsteps returned and were shortly accompanied by a creaking as a metal object was forced into one of the cracks and the wall torn open.
Light streamed in along with a curious face. The face was human but has the anatomical ears of a cat, a scientific improbability.

Query: Where am I located currently
Back to top Go down
Duke Agent 17
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Duke Agent 17

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:08 pm

She looked at the machine, and it moved. She was right, it was interesting. It was an odd little thing and seemed to be studying her, just as she was studying it. Her sense of interesting never failed. She held out her hand to it.
"Hello, I'm Aqua Leo. Call me Leo."

Last edited by Duke Agent 17 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lock
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Mr. Lock

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Response: I am designated Experimental Artificial Intelligence Program 27 – Seeker Model

Query" Where am located currently

He assumed the hand was extended in order to touch his outer casing, most organics liked to touch living metal. For some reason it intrigued them.
27 leant forward so that the hand was on his head, it then responded by tweaking Leo's ears. They were attached.
It surprised him.

Surprised exclamation
Back to top Go down
Duke Agent 17
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Duke Agent 17

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:29 pm

She giggled and grabbed its hand to help it up.
"They are real." She said and lifted it to its feet.
"It’s nice to meet you whosy-whatist 27. You’re in a small backwards town, though where on the map I don't know." She blushed, a little embarrassed. "I failed Geography."

Last edited by Duke Agent 17 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lock
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Mr. Lock

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:34 pm

Statement: I have studied human anatomy and can say confidently that you should not have feline ears

He tweaked them again, as if expecting them to come off at any moment.
Then noticed her tail.

Query: Has organic manipulation research developed to a level where the splicing of species is possible

In its mind that could be the only possible explanation, and it made Leo laugh
Back to top Go down
Duke Agent 17
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Duke Agent 17

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:40 pm

"I'm a Neko." she explained. It still looked confused.
"So what are you anyway, boy or girl?" She was really curious about it and wanted to know more. As much as she could learn. She pulled out her old, brown note book and a pen.

Last edited by Duke Agent 17 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lock
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Mr. Lock

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:44 pm

Suggestion: an exchange of information is in order

She nodded in reply, it sounded like a fair deal

Response to Query: I am not bound by gender

Query: What is a neko

it sounded the foreign word out as it spoke, there was obviously still alot to learn from this world
Back to top Go down
Duke Agent 17
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Duke Agent 17

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptySat May 05, 2012 2:21 am

"A Neko is a cat person, like me." She could see it was still confused.
"Come with me, I'll show you around town." She was still holding its hand so she led it around the town, showing it stuff and explaining what it all meant.

Last edited by Duke Agent 17 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lock
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Mr. Lock

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptySat May 05, 2012 2:37 am

27 found that he enjoyed the anomaly’s company. She knew many things and 27’s knowledge base was nearly doubled in only one afternoon. Quite the accomplishment it thought.
In return for this kindness, and seemingly limitless source of learning, 27 told Leo everything it could about the facility, modern sciences and anatomy.
[Anatomy mainly to convince her that she shouldnt have ears like that let alone a tail]
Throughout the day it witnessed many strange behavioural patterns within the organics. Some liked to stick burning paper in their mouths while others enjoyed defying the laws of physics by using 'Magic' as the anomaly put it. All in all the day had been a unique experience.
Back to top Go down
Duke Agent 17
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Duke Agent 17

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptySat May 05, 2012 3:06 am

"It's getting late. We should get home." She paused.
"That reminds me, where are you going to stay the night?" It looked at her and cocked its head to the side.
"Well come with me then." She walked off towards home with the curious 27 on her heels.

Last edited by Duke Agent 17 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lock
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Mr. Lock

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:28 pm

They arrived at Leo's home in under five minutes thanks to some clever shortcuts through hedges and broken fences which impressed 27 no end, outside the box thinking was always fun.
As they entered the small building it remembered the manners lessons it had received and quickly complimented the house, luckily that was the correct thing to do. Leo had a lovely home.

Compliment: You have a very [Insert complimentary phrase here] home

It smiled at its quick thinking and Leo surprised a giggle
Back to top Go down
Duke Agent 17
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Duke Agent 17

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:27 pm

"What do you think your doing?" Uh oh, it was Madame.
"Um... bringing home a friend." It was a very lame answer.
"Oh in that case just waltz on in and make yourself comfortable Leo's friend." It was very sarcastic. 27 walked in and sat down, taking special care to make itself comfortable. Leo looked at her feet.
"Sorry Madame, it's new here. I don't think it understands much, but it had no where else to go." Madame sighed.
"It can stay."

Last edited by Duke Agent 17 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lock
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Mr. Lock

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:09 am

Expression of gratitude: Thank you marm

After it had said this, it added a grin for good measure. That was better.
After a few moments it noticed a particularly well decorated glass vase, the type with swirling glass within a glass shell, at once it picked it up to examine it and ponder on the methodology used to create it, madam naturally flinched but was reassured by Leo.
"Its fine, it will be careful with the vase"

That stament suddenly dawned on 27 the confusion that could be caused by calling it an 'it', as common house hold things were also called 'its'.

Suggestion: Due to the confusion that may be caused by referring to me as 'it' I suggest we replace it with a 'he'. As my outer casing resembles that of a man

Pleased with the logical reasoning he had applied to the situation it returned its focus to the vase in earnest.

Last edited by Mr. Lock on Thu May 24, 2012 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duke Agent 17
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Duke Agent 17

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Leo laughed as he pondered over the vase with such intense focus. He put it down on moved on to other things in the room.
"Dinner time." Madame said all of a sudden, and Leo's tummy growled on cue.
"Fine." Leo humfed and walked into the kitchen.

Last edited by Duke Agent 17 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lock
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Mr. Lock

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:38 am

Query: What does the phrase "Dinner" signify

For 27, being mechanical sustenance came in the form of electronic core renewals and motor oil. The idea of food was a mysterious one, 27 understood the basics of anatomy and the need for minerals and vitamins to sustain life but taking it in the form of something "tasty", or at specific times rather than when it was needed, were bizarre concepts. He had come across them previously but had been shrugged off by his creator when he asked about them, evidently she hadn’t understood it either.

The question seemed sophisticated enough to him, but Madam interpreted it differently.

“Its means we’re going to eat”
and with that she left for the kitchen, giving 27 the cold shoulder, it was obvious that she still wasn’t pleased that Leo had not consulted with her first, 27 didn’t even notice, so the effort was wasted.
Back to top Go down
Duke Agent 17
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Duke Agent 17

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Leo inhaled her dinner, while Madame gave her a dirty look for being so un-lady like. She ignored it and kept eating at a rapid pace. 27 seemed interested in the function and sat watching her from the opposite end of the table.
"You need motor oil or something?" Said Madame to robot.
"Don't be rude Madame." Leo gasped. Madame had never been rude before. Not in the whole time she’d known her.

Last edited by Duke Agent 17 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lock
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Mr. Lock

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:52 am

Statement: I require no sustenance as my body does not grow, I simply replace parts when necessary

27 was confused by Leo's statement. The Madam had not appeared rude to him. In fact she had seemed very courteous.
When he told Leo this she looked at him with a mix of amusement and mild shock, it was all very confusing for him.
Back to top Go down
Duke Agent 17
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Duke Agent 17

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Leo yawned.
"So... tired... must... sleep." with that she curled up in a ball in front of the fire place and fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lock
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Mr. Lock

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 8:11 pm

He had forgotten that organics needed to sleep, it must be a serious inconvenience he thought to himself. He looked around for a blanket to cover Leo with, the weather patterns that afternoon had suggested a cold night and the fire would undoubtedly burn down in time.

He draped the "blanket" [Which was actually the curtain] over Leo's sleeping form, she purred in response to the added warmth. This made 27 smile happily, he knew very well that purring meant contentedness in felines.

He assumed it was the same for Leo's

Back to top Go down
Duke Agent 17
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Duke Agent 17

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 10:11 pm

Leo ran. Dark clouds swirled behind her devouring everything in their path. She tripped and fell head first onto the ground and tried desperately to stand up, but something was holding her down. She looked down and saw it was herself. She screamed and sat upright. She was at home near the fireplace draped in a curtain. She looked around and saw a bewildered robot looking at her. She sighed as a bead of sweat rolled slowly down her face. She wiped it of with the back of her hand.
"I had a nightmare." She explained to the robot who still looked confused.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Lock
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Mr. Lock

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Query: What is a "nightmare"

He was not familiar with the phenomenon known as dreams and to him it looked as though she had suddenly had a small fit, it worried him a little. He remembered that getting humans a glass of water when they were sick was a good idea so he ran off to find one. Leo just looked at him as he ran around, it was kind of funny really.

When he noticed a vase of flowers and brought it over to her (after throwing out the flowers) she couldn’t help but laugh
"That’s for the thought 27 but I don’t need a drink"
She then began explaining what a nightmare was, to our simple minded 27 it was utterly fascinating

Last edited by Mr. Lock on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duke Agent 17
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Duke Agent 17

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:22 am

"A nightmare," she explained "Is a bad dream, or thought if you will, that occurs while you sleep."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lock
2 Star Member
2 Star Member
Mr. Lock

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Query: And do organics have them very often?

They certainly didnt look pleasent at any rate, he made a mental note to research dreams in general and continued to listen intently to Leo's explanation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Curious Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Box   The Curious Box Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Box
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nekos World :: Towns :: Town areas-
Jump to: