The Nekos World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many different types of people live here. Including nekos.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum

Latest topics
» Pirates Eleven
Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 3:16 am by SuddenHiddenChaos

» Dotai Academy
Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 2:39 am by SuddenHiddenChaos

» motorcycle shop (fukuro)
Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 8:22 pm by Berrysoul

» Looking glass (berry)
Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  EmptySun Dec 24, 2017 5:12 am by Berrysoul

» Virius Busters! (Berry)
Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 2:15 am by Berrysoul

» Man's best friend (Berry)
Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 1:32 pm by Berrysoul

» Your either scum, prey, or enemy.. Whats else is there? (fukuro)
Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 3:42 pm by Berrysoul

» Two more to add (Berry)
Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 2:52 pm by Berrysoul

» New adventures (berry)
Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 1:19 pm by Berrysoul

Top posters
Berrysoul
Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  Vote_lcapZane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  Voting_barZane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  Vote_rcap 
Fukuro
Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  Vote_lcapZane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  Voting_barZane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  Vote_rcap 
Apolcate
EmoFox
BlueAndBlackRoses
Lelouch Ryou
Edo Nakamura
cinna
SoulEater
CellyNoella

Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lelouch Ryou
Admin
Admin
Lelouch Ryou

Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  Empty
PostSubject: Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews    Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Time for Zane's Anime review!!! Wooo!
First edition - Gunslinger Girl (two seasons, considering of 13 eps each, with 2 OVAs)

When I first heard the title 'Gunslinger Girl', i thought to myself "great (sarcasm intended), I get to watch to watch large breasted women run around in tight and revealing 'Amour' with over sized guns, shooting at an misunderstood enemy, with possible super powers". But as I started to watch, and much to my surprise, I was greeted with a young, adolescent girl, carrying a violin case. As i tried to make contact with a young man, who seemed to be her older bother, I was quickly knocked on my ass, with the barrel of P90 shoved in my face. The girl, now with her foot firmly on my chest, and her gun pointed at face, and her eyes seemed so innocent, and yet creepy at the time. "This is awesome" I thought to myself, as I shat my pants.

Gunslinger girl, produced by Madhouse, and Directed by Morio Asaka, shows us the story of several adolescent girls, who have mechanical bodies, with almost no free will at all, (this is because the 'conditioning' is better on younger subjects) and were brought up to be trained killers for the government. Each girl having a handler to train, and basically raise these girls. The story is set in politically unstable, present day Italy. These girls, who are working for the government, are sent on missions to gather intel, raid safe houses, and preform assassinations, as well as other special ops tasks, on different factions of terrorist group in Italy. However the thing that really drives plot is the relationships between girls, and there handlers.

As each handler is able to train their girl however they see fit, and it's clear from the start that traits on the handler, can be seen in the girl. Some are kinder then others, some are focused only on work, etc. The other major theme of the Anime, is that each girl has a sickening, and horrible past, that brought them to brink of death, because the girls are only brought in if there condition leaves them on deaths door. The 'conditioning' gives the girls a new body, as well as new life, if you can really it a life.

The animation is solid, and voice acting is decent, it's important to note that the second season has a different animation style, form a dark, realistic look, to a brighter, colorful one, with changes to character designs. Manly due to a change in director,Rei Mano, unless i'm mistaken. In saying that the tone of Anime stays much the same, with it's creepy imagery of the girls, and dark themes.

Final words - Iz good, not what I was expecting to see, a nice change from all the typical animes out there, deferentially worth a look.

There's are my thoughts and opinions, if you liked it please comment, if you hated or liked it, let me know, so I can improve, and if people liked it I might do another.

And yes I know I can't spell, so no need to bring that up

Thanks
Z
Back to top Go down

Zane's Super Happy Anime Reviews
Page 1 of 1